Bosque County Treasurer
Chief Investment Officer
Bosque County Deputy Treasurer
110 South Main, Room 120
P O Box 647
Meridian, TX 76665
The County Treasurer responsibilities include:
- Receives and deposits all county revenues
- Acts as chief liaison between the county and depository banks
- Disburses funds upon the order of the Commissioners Court
- Records receipts and expenditures and reconciles bank statements
- May prepare the payroll
- Has been designated as the county's investment officer in Bosque County and is required to submit regular reports on county finance to the members of the Commissioners Court
PLEASE SEE THE GOVERNMENT TRANSPARENCY PAGE FOR FINANCIAL REPORTS AND INFORMATION.
Public Notice of Unclaimed Property
Each year, departments of our county should report unclaimed property monies to our office. This property may consist of checks, deposits, refunds, overpayments or other transactions. This property is presumed abandoned and is subject to the Texas Unclaimed Property Code 76.201 which states:
(1) By addressing an inquiry to the Treasurer of the holder, any person possessing a legal or beneficial interest in the reported property may obtain information concerning the amount of the property; and
(2) The owner may present proof of the claim to the Treasurer of the holder and establish the owner’s right to receive the property
Please contact us for more information on how to claim property.
You may contact the Treasurer either by mail, email, in person, by phone or fill out the attached request form and return by mail or in person to the Treasurer’s office. You must fully complete the form and include requested identification and proof of ownership.
The Treasurer’s office is open 8am to 5pm Monday – Thursday and 8am to 4pm on Friday.