The VA identifies opportunities to connect veterans to existing business resources and available state services. Recommend ways to increase matching federal funding for veteran benefits. Review current law for consistency in eligibility for state veteran benefits and recommend any necessary changes.
Available any time, day or night – 24/7
If you are a Veteran in crisis or concerned about one, connect with our caring, qualified responders for confidential help. Many of them are Veterans themselves.
Call TTY if you have hearing loss 800-799-4889
Get more resources at VeteransCrisisLine.net
The United States Department of Veterans Affairs is a Cabinet-level executive branch department of the federal government charged with providing life-long healthcare services to eligible military veterans at the 170 VA medical centers and outpatient clinics located throughout the country.
* Beyond Hunger to Hope
Ted Chastain - Veteran Outreach Case Manager
254-753-4593 EXT 233 254-644-9391 CELL
TEXAS VET REP
Assistance in preparing, presentation of and Prosecution of Claims on behalf of our nations Veterans, their dependents, and eligible survivors.
Veterans Crisis Line - 988 Option 1
- VA Homeless Outreach - 877-424-3838
- VA Long Term Care - 254-776-4141
- VA Medical Center - 800-423-2111
- Rental assistance for homeless veterans - http://www1.va.gov/Homeless/
- Rental assistance for low-income veterans - http://www.hud.gov/offices/cpd/about/hudvet/helping.cfm
- Housing assistance for disabled veterans - http://www.disability.gov/digov-public/public/DisplayPage.do?parentFolderId=118;
- Independent living assistance - http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/vre/ilp.htm
- VA house loans - http://www.homeloans.va.gov/
- Texas VA Land Board - http://www.glo.state.tx.us/vlb/
- House purchase assistance - http://www.glo.state.tx.us/vlb/vhap/index.html
- Texas Workforce Solutions - http://www.twc.state.tx.us/
- Texas Workforce Solutions – Texas Veterans Leadership Program
Transitional assistance, help with deciding on your next career, resume writing and interviewing tips, apprenticeship programs, vocational training, assistance with education – lots of great information for entering or re-entering the civilian workforce.
Other Helpful Links:
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs - http://www.va.gov/
- VA Insurance - http://insurance.va.gov/miscellaneous/index.htm
- Texas Veteran Commission - https://www.tvc.texas.gov/
- Waco VA Hospital - 800-423-2111
- Veterans Home Care - 254-981-3981
- VA Regional Office - 800-827-1000 / 254-299-9380
- National Veterans Foundation - http://nvf.org/?gclid=CJ2Ducrt_J8CFQaF7Qod0D6mjw
- Vietnam Veterans of America - http://www.vva.org/